Sonus Networks demonstrates the future of wireless
SONUS NETWORKS DEMONSTRATES THE FUTURE OF WIRELESS BROADBAND AT MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS 2008
Company to Showcase Unified Wireless Communications Available Today
WESTFORD, Mass., February 8, 2008 – Today’s mobile operators are moving rapidly toward next-generation wireless technologies that provide enhanced consumer experiences both in the home and at work. At Mobile World Congress 2008, Sonus will demonstrate solutions that enable mobile operators to not only expand their features, but also reduce operating costs. Held in Barcelona, Spain from February 11th – 14th, operators from around the globe will experience the capabilities that Sonus brings to their mobile broadband networks and how a Sonus wireless solution can leverage this broadband network for voice, while personalizing the consumers’ overall experience.
With more than 13 billion minutes of wireless IP-Voice traffic running across its networks, Sonus has established a foothold in this rapidly growing segment of the market. Underscoring, the Company’s commitment to bringing IP-Voice to the wireless market, Hassan Ahmed the Company’s chairman, president and chief executive officer, has been invited to participate in the GSMA Leadership Summit on February 11th. This distinguished event brings together CEOs from the world’s most influential mobile companies to discuss the issues that impact the future of the mobile world. Last year’s event set in motion many of the GSMA's central strategic initiatives.
“The world of mobility is expanding at an unstoppable pace. Mobile broadband networks are delivering applications at unprecedented speeds and newer technologies are paving the way for even greater connectivity,” said Vikram Saksena, chief technology officer, Sonus Networks. “Sonus is enthusiastic about the opportunity this brings as operators converge their mobile broadband and voice networks to improve consumer offerings, while reducing costs.”
At the Sonus booth # 2E58 and 2E66, demonstrations will include solutions that extend the capabilities of a mobile operator’s broadband network leveraging newer technologies such as femtocells. The Company will also showcase its Zynetix product line that is designed to deliver a fixed mobile convergence solution or a state-of-the-art Maritime GSM system.
In the mobile applications arena, Sonus will highlight its suite of personalized features delivered through its IMX 2.0 Multimedia Application Platform
From the booth, Sonus will demo the following specific applications:
· Any to Any Messaging: Transforms an incoming message in any format (IM, SMS/MMS, etc.) to a form the recipient prefers (SMS, email, IM etc.), bringing new levels of customization and personalization to the communications experience.
· Video Share and Video Exchange: Seamless access to subscriber content with Sonus’ Video Share and Video Exchange applications allow video to be exchanged between consumer handsets and PCs.
· Video Session Transfer: Seamless transfer of video sessions between consumer handsets and PCs.
· Intelligent IP Video Integration: Brings together disparate end user applications such as caller ID and television. For example, while watching television, the user is informed of an incoming call or IM on the television screen with a message pop up.
· Interactive Advertising: Showcases the IMX’s ability to integrate an advertising model. Dining guides on an interactive local map can provide information with the value-add of voice and messaging services, putting directions and the ability to make a reservation at the touch of a button.
· Parental Controls: Allows parents to enforce how a child’s mobile or wire-line phone is used. Tools like curfew, time-of-day restrictions and minute allocations give parents a new way to stay involved.
**To arrange an interview or booth visit with Sonus Networks executives at Mobile World Congress 2008, contact Lucy Millington at firstname.lastname@example.org Paula Lender-Swain at email@example.com.
About Sonus Networks
Sonus Networks, Inc. is a leading provider of IP-voice infrastructure solutions for wireline and wireless service providers. With its comprehensive IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) solution, Sonus addresses the full range of carrier applications, including residential and business voice services, wireless voice and multimedia, trunking and tandem switching, carrier interconnection and enhanced services. Sonus' voice infrastructure solutions are deployed in service provider networks worldwide. Founded in 1997, Sonus is headquartered in Westford, Massachusetts. Additional information on Sonus is available at http://www.sonusnet.com.
Sonus is a registered trademark of Sonus Networks, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
For more information, please contact: