ECTA Fibre Investment Conference 2009
Keynote presentations from:
- Commissioner Viviane Reding, DG Information Society & Media
- Philip Lowe, Director General, DG Competition
- Minister van Quickenborne, Belgian Ministry of Economics
- John Doherty, Chairperson ComReg and Chair Elect IRG and ERG 2010, European Regulators Group (ERG)
- Ed Richards, Chief Executive, Ofcom
A dynamic, thriving telecoms sector is crucial to Europe’s economic recovery, not just to support investment and jobs within the sector, but also to facilitate delivery of innovative services that drive productivity across all of Europe’s industries and services. At the centre of the debate is how to ensure incentives for investment in fibre, whilst also sustaining competition in the diverse services that will bring economic benefits to Europe’s consumers and businesses. The Commission is right now working on a Recommendation and State Aid Guidelines which will establish the future framework for a fibre-based telecoms environment. Please join us for the debate...