• Actively benefit from ECTA’s regulatory secretariat’s policy making and lobbying expertise
• Promote company interests through European-level policy making
• Meet national objectives by sharing best practice, benchmarking information and by escalating national concerns to EU level
• Gain access to EU policy makers and officials from key European institutions
• Develop regulatory knowledge, contacts and effectiveness through information sharing and networking opportunities with industry and Government
Full membership is limited to telecoms network and service providers, equipment manufacturers, software vendors, resellers and other electronic communication service providers with headquarters and/or significant business divisions in Europe. Full members must actively support and sign up to the ECTA Mission Statement, Aims & Objectives, Core Principles and Rules of Procedure. Incumbent network operators may join ECTA as full members either (i) in their own right if their Group position on key regulatory issues is consistent with ECTA policy or (ii) through their pro-competitive subsidiaries or divisions outside the incumbent’s home market. In the latter case, it is the subsidiary or division that will be recognized as the Member and receive the benefits conferred by ECTA Membership. Companies which join through a subsidiary or division and whose parent company does not actively support ECTA’s objectives and core principles, may at the discretion of the Board be restricted to involvement in policy development, plus input on lobbying strategy and receipt of information which affects the geographical market location or business of the subsidiary or division only.
Benefits of Full Membership:
Full membership benefits include all services & benefits provided by Associate Membership plus:
• Voting Rights (one vote per member)
• Right to participate in the Regulatory Forum, ECTA’s policy making arm and the body responsible for determining ECTA’s Regulatory Strategy, Action Plan, related Work Programmes plus the development and approval of ECTA policy positions, based on output from relevant Working Groups and Task Forces.
• Right to participate in ECTA Working Groups and Task Forces and eligibility to chair one of these Working Groups or Task Forces.
• Access to confidential information and reports (for example from high-level private meetings and discussions) and ECTA’s confidential exchanges with authorities and submissions.
• Access to ECTA’s library of research through the ECTA Extranet (archive of ECTA’s past submissions, responses, letters, reports and summaries). Please note, information will normally posted with a delay from date of initial publication.
• Right to participate in CEO level meetings and delegations of ECTA Members with European Commission officials, Ministries, MEPs and representatives of National Regulatory Authorities (subject to ECTA Rules of Procedure).
• Three free delegate passes/annum* to the ECTA Conferences or Events of your choice
• Discounts for ECTA members on attendance to all ECTA Conferences and Events
• Preferential speaking opportunities at ECTA Conferences and Events (subject to suitability and availability)
*note: this is the total number of free passes available per annum not the number of free passes for each ECTA conference or event.
Click here for a membership application form or for more information about joining ECTA
Do you have questions about Membership? Contact us